Monday, September 17, 2007

common sense is not common

It jus occured to me, that one should experience 'getting drunk' atleast once to know wat it means to be in the influence of something.

Since the last time i wrote on this blog,.... let me see if i can i tell u wat has been happening with me. Firstly, there was this grl who i meet in orkut, she impresses me and i think i cld have a intellectual relationship with her. 'intellectual relationship/ dialogue' can be defined as something that is devoid of the misgivings of 'feelings', ego, complexes,... etc and a pure dialogue that is confined to reason. Such a dialogue/ relation i find is very rare .

Believing i had found someone with whom i cld have such a relation and taking her reasons for granted, i shared with her a comment abt her appearance , that occured to me. Unfortunately, she reacted. I found myself again at the receiving end for being too unsuspecting. As usual i took some lessons frm the incident.

I have always thot i had some 'diseased part'/ limitation in my mind that often led me into this vicious cycle of attraction for a grl and the pain and the dejection ensuing it. I think i have now come closer to curing it. To me curing something in the mind means just to understand the problem and its cause. For, a mind once expanded cant shrink. I think i have come closer to that.

i think the cure lies in pruning the mind of any influences that have creeped in over the yrs.

On sunday, attended 3i's exam. Thot it was a stupid exam. An impossible 150 qsns in 90 mins. I attended around 90 qsns, i wld have required atleast another half an hour to read thru the rest of the paper.

got to spend the weekend with parents.we went to 'Marudhamalai' movie, hoping it wld be a vadivelu show and we cld have a hearty laugh, but it was a stupid movie and all the good parts of the movie had been shown in the trailer. That was all and ther was nothing in it to salvage our time and money.

I discovered a treasure trove of videos of my fav prog 'walk the talk' in ndtv' site. Was glad to listen to all those illuminaries. Jus as anu is good at bringing out and showcasing her guest's charisma, Shekahar is good at bringing out their intellect or passions or reasons as the case may be.

I enjoyed listening to craig barret's 'ceo-like' speech, adnan sami's love for his son and his father, sanjay datt's rehab story, bala saheb's 'drunk' talk, Thom's india- phile- ness, and the eloquence with which he speaks abt dveloping economies and his ideas, Raghuram rajan's 'IMF' brain, Ustad amjad ali khan's class, n.gopalswami's abt his biz of running elexns in india, E. sreedharan's talk and feat was encouraging/ inspiring/ trend-setting, Subrata roy's story of rising frm the rags to build the sahara empire, karan and how he sounds like a yng entrprnr who is into films,..... etc. I am only cocerned that all those videos are gonna show up in my bb usage and result in a fat bil, so i m trying to confine it to watching the videos during the prd usage is free.l.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do not understand the relevance of the title of the blog.

Vjsagar said...

i define common sense as unbiased thinking. ( or thinking shorn of any influence)

Anonymous said...

http://pothole.pbwiki.com/

Vjsagar said...

s, i have been ther (pothole.pbwiki) . i have some differences with them, that we cld not get 'fix'ed.